Tuesday August 7th, 2001
Italian driver Giancarlo Fisichella says his home circuit at Monza is still dangerous, despite the recent implementation of safety changes at the track.
Fisichella had a big accident at Monza last season in his Benetton and although he accepts the circuit will be safer than last year, he said it is still a dangerous track.
"Monza is a bit difficult for the safety," said Fisichella. "There are a few places where if your brakes fail or something like that it is dangerous. Last year I had a big accident. It's not scary, but this year I think it is going to be, yes, dangerous, but not like last year."
This year's Italian Grand Prix at Monza, held on September 16th, will be under scrutiny after the death of a fire marshal at last year's event, after an accident at the start.
Published at 22:47:22 GMT