Sunday August 19th, 2001
David Coulthard stole the quickest time of Sunday's warm-up session ahead of the Hungarian Grand Prix on his final run to dislodge Ferrari from a one-two at the Hungaroring.
Ferrari looked to have continued their dominance in Hungary with Michael Schumacher heading team-mate Rubens Barrichello for much of the session, but Coulthard's late run moved him to the top of the times, 0.423 seconds faster than Schumacher.
Schumacher and Rubens Barrichello were second and third in the Ferraris, with Ralf Schumacher claiming fourth fastest for Williams and Mika Hakkinen fifth in the second McLaren.
Jarno Trulli kept the Jordan team upbeat by claiming sixth best time, and the Saubers of Nick Heidfeld and Kimi Raikkonen claimed seventh and ninth respectively.
Juan Pablo Montoya was down in 12th place as he continued to find his car difficult to set-up to his liking, and Jean Alesi had more difficulties with the Jordan but jumped up from fifth from the bottom to take 14th fastest time.
Enrique Bernoldi was the only man to hit trouble as he lost the car at the first corner but was able to continue.
Pos Driver Team Times
1. Coulthard Mclaren Mercedes (B) 1:16.915 186.050 km/h
2. M.Schumacher Ferrari (B) 1:17.338 + 0.423
3. Barrichello Ferrari (B) 1:17.360 + 0.445
4. R.Schumacher Williams BMW (M) 1:17.608 + 0.693
5. Hakkinen Mclaren Mercedes (B) 1:17.704 + 0.789
6. Trulli Jordan Honda (B) 1:18.433 + 1.518
7. Heidfeld Sauber Petronas (B) 1:18.851 + 1.936
8. Panis BAR Honda (B) 1:18.881 + 1.966
9. Raikkonen Sauber Petronas (B) 1:19.068 + 2.153
10. Irvine Jaguar Cosworth (M) 1:19.148 + 2.233
11. de la Rosa Jaguar Cosworth (M) 1:19.393 + 2.478
12. Montoya Williams BMW (M) 1:19.465 + 2.550
13. Villeneuve BAR Honda (B) 1:19.554 + 2.639
14. Alesi Jordan Honda (B) 1:19.581 + 2.666
15. Fisichella Benetton Renault (M) 1:19.704 + 2.789
16. Verstappen Arrows Asiatech (B) 1:19.887 + 2.972
17. Bernoldi Arrows Asiatech (B) 1:20.500 + 3.585
18. Frentzen Prost Acer (M) 1:20.546 + 3.631
19. Burti Prost Acer (M) 1:20.895 + 3.980
20. Alonso Minardi European (M) 1:20.965 + 4.050
21. Marques Minardi European (M) 1:21.354 + 4.439
22. Button Benetton Renault (M) 1:21.397 + 4.482
All Timing Unofficial
Published at 08:03:33 GMT