Tuesday February 20th, 2001
Jordan's Heinz Harald Frentzen opened Silverstone testing by topping the times on Tuesday.
Frentzen topped the times with a quickest lap of 1:24.083 during his 24-lap run. The German was almost two seconds quicker than Arrows' Jos Verstappen.
Jaguar driver Luciano Burti was quicker than his team-mate Eddie Irvine but both suffered mechanical problems as their preparations for the 2001 season were once again hampered.
Benetton's Jenson Button was almost 7.5 seconds slower than Frentzen's quickest lap time as the young British driver continued to familiarise himself with the new B201.
Pos Driver Team-Engine Tyres Time
1. Frentzen Jordan-Honda (B) 1:24.083
2. Verstappen Arrows-Asiatech (B) 1:25.971
3. Burti Jaguar-Cosworth (M) 1:26.160
4. Irvine Jaguar-Cosworth (M) 1:26.766
5. Button Benetton-Renault (M) 1:31.539
All Timing Unofficial