Saturday June 9th, 2001
German driver Heinz-Harald Frentzen pulled out of the Canadian Grand Prix on Saturday due to injury and will be replaced by Brazilian Ricardo Zonta in Sunday's race, his Jordan team said.
Frentzen was involved in an accident in Friday's free practice only two weeks after a heavy crash in the Monaco Grand Prix. He complained after the Canadian crash that he was feeling dizzy and suffering headaches.
"I'm disappointed not to be driving in the race this weekend but wish the team and Ricardo all the best and look forward to being back in the driving seat at Nuerbergring."
The European Grand Prix takes place in Germany in two weeks time.
Zonta is Jordan's test driver this season after competing in grands Prix in 1999 and last year with British American Racing.
"I am sure it is a big disappointment for Heinz-Harald that he cannot race," said Zonta. "I really hope to do a good job for him and the Jordan team. In many ways this is more tough than competing in your first Grand Prix, but I must say I am very excited about getting into the car again to race."
Zonta, who raced for BAR-Honda in 1999 and 2000, will race again for the first time since the Malaysian Grand Prix last October.